Although there are many brands for the printers that are available in the market, Canon is one of the primitive choices of the users when it comes to opting for a perfect printing option The canon printer is well-known for delivering high-quality printing outputs. In order to use the printer, you need to learn the basic steps to setup. Here in this article, we will let you know the instructions and guidelines for the ij.start.canon setup process. So let’s get started!
Canon Inkjet Printer Setup
To start the process of setting up your Canon Inkjet Printer, please follow the procedures below.
- The very first step in this process is to use a computer, a laptop or a PC.
- Now, open your device’s web browser, you can open for any browser such as Google Chrome, Internet Edge or Mozilla Firefox.
- Locate the address bar in the top panel of the window. In the “ij.start.cannon” address bar, click Enter.
- You will now be taken to the website homepage. You can see tabs on the homepage for various procedures. You will click on the icon “Setup.”
- You are taken to a new tab when you click on it. You must enter your model number here. You can either type your model number manually or use the click select option on the same page in the lower panel.
- When you enter the model number and press enter, the setup instructions for your specific model will be shown. Follow the steps on your screen.
Download and Install Canon Printer Drivers through ij.start canon
Canon drivers can be downloaded and install to set up the Canon ij printer completely. Here are steps that show you how to download canon printer software on your system;
- Ensure your system and Canon printer is connected to the same internet connection, and see if the Canon IJ printer hardware is set up.
- Now, open your system web browser and go to ij.start.canon website through a web address. Its offered by Canon support officials to guide the user.
- Once you jump to the ij start canon page, click on the “Set Up (Start Here)” option and enter the canon printer model number or choose from the given list.
- It will take you to the next page, where you’ll need to ensure the right system like Windows or PC is selected on top of the page.
- Once you see the Download option at ij.start.canon for Canon ij printer setup, choose the option to download on your PC and wait for Canon printer drivers to download.
- Finally, after downloading from ij.start.canon, locate the Canon IJ setup, and double-click on the software file to start ij canon installation. Follow instructions displaying on the system screen to complete the installation.
- During the canon ij printer setup installation, if you have a USB cable, connect it; otherwise, you can choose the wireless connection option to finish the process.
WPS setup connection method for canon ij setup
- You have to turn the Canon printer and tap on the router nearby so that the WPS button is reached.
- You have to hold the wifi button on the printer till the lights are on.
- Wait for 2 minutes and then hit the WPS button on the router.
- When you search for the network, the blue Wi-Fi light is turned on.
- Once it is connected to a wireless network, power and wi-fi lights will get stable.
- To check the connectivity, just try to print the page from Canon Printer.
- Put the sheets into the printer and just check the printer is working properly or not.
Download and Install Canon Printer Driver
Just follow these steps to download and install the Canon Printer drivers via canon.com/ijsetup:-
- Go to the Canon support page via ij.start.canon. Enter the canon model name and number.
- When the model appears on the box tap on it.
- Choose the “Drivers and Downloads” option besides the model.
- Select the “Drivers, Software or Firmware” tab depending on what you wish to download.
- Tap on the “Select” button on the right side of the driver and once you have chosen the option you have to tap on the “Close” option.
- From the list of the software and drivers, you have to select the software and tap on the “Download” button.
Just save the file to the computer.